Apr 30, 2013 - 5:52 pm
Dad saw the oncologist today. It was not good and not bad. As far as the spot they saw on his lung at rehab, the oncologist knew nothing about it. Told me he did not see anything on the CT that he ordered a couple of weeks before that.
He wants to wait for another 4 weeks and then rescan. If he appears stronger and recovered more from the stroke then he might start chemo again. He feels dad's cancer is not progressing at a dangerous rate and the main thing is to control his pain right now. He started him on the 75mg fentenayl patches.
I have been getting some rest this past weekend. Sunday night was rough. Had me awake every hour from 12:30 to 5:30. The oncologist suggested using his sleeping pills that they were giving him every night in the hospitol.
Tomorrow he goes to see his regulat doctor and mom goes to do her warfrin check. Wish me luck.