Mar 20, 2013 - 9:39 pm
Thanks to everyone who responded to my previous post about whether to wait and see versus going ahead with surgery and radiation. Overwhelmingly, the response from people was that the treatment is worth it and the risks of not getting treatment are too high to take the chance. I am getting a final recommendation from my original cancer doctor tomorrow, but I am 90% sure I will go ahead with robotic surgery at the Mayo Clniic followed by radiation treatments nearer to my home. Mayo Clinic gave me a 90% cure rate for my condition and course of treatment, which was very encouraging. The information on this discussion board and the many individual responses I have received to my posts have been very helpful to me and I am better prepared to go into treatment and to make the necessary arrangements with friends, family and work to be able to focus on treatment and recovery.