Mar 05, 2013 - 10:12 pm
We packed everything up, loaded the truck, dropped the dog off at sitters and left for the 3 hour trip when I decided to call to confirm if appt was at 9 or 9:30... the surgeons assistant said that we the surgeon would like us to come next Tuesday for a MRI of the liver because she is thinking rfa and wants to make sure it's not too close to any of the major areas that the blood flows through. We were only 15 minutes out of town (left the day before to avoid the snow storm that was scheduled to hit Madison last night). So we turned around and went to dinner (it was our wedding anniversary yesterday).
So, it's hurry up and wait for another week but atleast I know what the surgeon is thinking. This all makes me wonder if the local onc lied about the scan in November being clear. I didn't think CC grew that fast if so waiting another week is not a good feeling.
For anyone not familiar with what is going on, my husband has a reoccurance in his liver (2 tumors 4.6 and 1.5).
This doesn't get any easier that if for sure.