Jan 31, 2013 - 11:01 pm
First, let me apologize for never being able to post any good news. I'm afraid I wouldn't recognize good news if it hit me square between the eyes.
We saw the MDA doc today, and much as expected, not too much can be done for my hubby. The doc was taken aback when he saw the shape my poor hubby is in. The cancer in his lung is adenocarcinoma differing from the squamous cell in the mouth and lymph nodes. The doc is prepared to try a 7 hour chemo infusion, if and when the urology problems are resolved. I managed to get an urologist appt. for next Thurs. morning. I was unable to find a urologist with hospital privileges at the hosptal adjacent to the cancer facility, but we'll make do. The MDA doc will have us see a radiation onc to discuss the possibility of cyberknife on the lung. He was also going to pesent the case to a tumor board today. If he possibly survives this part, then the other cancer will be addressed.
The bottom line is that they will do what they can, but having the serious heart issues, oxygen, and urology problems will make it next to impossible. No one is sure just how much more damage his body can take.
I'm waiting to hear from my daughter regarding the date of her spleen removal.
I can barely think anymore. Just, please keep us in your thoughts. I have to remember the times, not too many years ago, when we were wilderness hiking. Now our only hikes are from doctor to doctor. Where did we go wrong?