Jan 24, 2013 - 3:49 pm
Looking for some advise on this one...has anyone been advised not to have adjuvant therapy after surgery? I have been told to wait for a recurrence and that there is an extremely high risk it will happen. I have had several opinions on this and getting the same answer. But also in the next statement I hear that if I want chemo they will certainly do it but just cannot guarantee it will do any good. How does one make that decision? I had just finished 12 rounds of 5FU in May when my recurrence appeared in July, so they are saying it is not worth using that drug again as it did not appear to have worked. I just had a clear scan this week and cea .8, which makes me feel like now is the time to mop um' up!