Jan 14, 2013 - 11:56 pm
About the Breakthrough Novel Award
From international best sellers, debut fiction, and books for kids of all agesto heart-pounding romances, high-velocity thrillers, and stunning sci-fi, Amazon Publishing helps connect readers with outstanding new books.
Announcing the 2013 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award
The entry period is open. Visit CreateSpace to enter today!
The Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest has arrived. You won’t want to miss this incredible opportunity to win a publishing contract with Amazon Publishing. Now in its sixth year, this international contest promises to be the best yet. Here’s what’s new:
One Grand Prize winner will receive a publishing contract with an advance of $50,000, and four First Prize winners will each receive a publishing contract with an advance of $15,000. Visit the Prizes page for the full list of prizes and details.
We’ve expanded the categories to include five popular genres: General Fiction, Romance, Mystery/Thriller, Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror and Young Adult Fiction. And we’re accepting entries from more countries than ever before. For complete eligibility details, view the official contest rules, or read details on how to enter.
Amazon Publishing is the official publishing sponsor for 2013 -- which means a faster publishing timeline, higher royalties, ability to launch the books in multiple formats (print, audio, ebook) and worldwide distribution. Enter today throughCreateSpace.
Preparing Your Entry
1) Prepare a strong pitch. More than a summary, your pitch should highlight your concept, protagonist, setting and writing style—all the elements that make your story unique. View sample pitches from past entrants.
2) Select the Genre that best fits your book: General Fiction, Romance, Mystery/Thriller, Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror, or Young Adult.
3) Stay within the word-count limits -- pitch, up to 300 words; excerpt, 3,000 to 5,000 words; manuscript, 50,000 to 150,000 words.
4) Remove all identifying information from your pitch, excerpt and manuscript, including: your name and/or pen name, contact information, any awards received for your book and an author bio/resume.
5) Submit all your materials in the English language.
6) For complete entry requirements, view the Official Contest Rules.
7) Create an account with CreateSpace (if you haven’t already).
See Previous Contestants in Print
Previous Breakthrough Novel Award Winners
2012 General Fiction Winner: "The Beautiful Land"
2012 Young Adult Winner: "On Little Wings"
2011 General Fiction Winner: "East of Denver"
2010 General Fiction Winner: "Farishta"
2010 Young Adult Fiction Winner: "Sign Language"
2009 Winner: "Bill Warrington's Last Chance"
Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Discussion Board