Dec 09, 2012 - 1:25 am
I’ve been lurking for the past few days while awaiting diagnosis. CT Abdomen Pelvis (with contrast) and colonoscopy showed a 7cm malignant looking rectosigmoid lesion along with 6mm sigmoid polyp and a tiny 3-4 mm rectal polyp (likely Hyperplastic—hot biopsied). The initial (most certain) diagnosis is Sigmoid c. The final official diagnosis awaits results of Histopathology. With all the available tests, as of now the possibility T3n2 is very high. Histopathology report will shed better light.
Being new to this kind of disease, I have no ideas of the terms, possibilities, choices, etc. I just familiarized myself with few things though this wonderful forum. I read most of the posts, and thought I should ask for help. My dr. said something certain: surgery to remove the infected 7cm area, reroute the BM (I do not know how) until it is possible to reconnect again (also do not know how). I also talked someone else who said I will be getting chemo (whether before or after the surgery—he is no expert). And as of now it seems no metastases, but nothing certain yet.
Thank you for being there