Nov 30, 2012 - 8:39 am
Well my process starts today. Pre Op testing, meeting the Anesthesiologist, then the way the plan is supposed to progress is, dye injection Sunday, followed by my lumpectomy surgery Monday.
But... as life has it... I have a feeling they are gonna postpone. My husband had a bronchial/cold kinda thing last week, and I have tried like the dickens to stay away from him and not catch it. Well guess breathing the same air, I was not gonna be so lucky. I thought it was just my usual post nasal drip the other day, but as of yesterday Im pretty convinced I have what he had. Its not terrible, but I do have congestion in my chest. Im thinking they wont do surgery if thats the case. I do have a friend who is an RN that says generally unless there is fever that may be ok. But Im not sure. I know breathing issues are usually closely looked at. I mean, I can breath fine, but I do have a wheeze down there.
Ughh JUST when I was just about at the point of accepting this lot in life and wanting to get past this weekend, I may have MORE waiting in store.
Any thoughts on my chances of them being ok to proceed, or does this look like a deal breaker, until this clears?