Nov 07, 2012 - 12:47 pm
I had a tumor between golf ball and tennis ball size in one kidney and they took it out almost 3 years ago. Diagnosed with Prostate cancer about a year ago and they took it out in January of this year.
I get the usual 6 month scans because of the kidney thing have been good until last month. Seems like a spot has shown up on my remaining kidney, and also the artery feeding that kidney has constricted and they are worried about that. Doctor says the spot could be a cist, or a hyperdense something or other. He says it's reall small, too small to tell what it is now, and he wants to wait until April, then do some kind of special renal scan.
Evidently my prostate cancer isn't gone as my PSa was 0.2 3 months after surgery, and has steadily climbed up to 0.47 now.
With that much going on, is it crazy to wait until April to decide what the spot on my kidney is? Or am I just being a big whiney baby? The Doc doesn't try to tell me how to do environmental geology, and I know I shouldn't try to tell him how to do urology, but I've only got one kidney left, and I'm of attached to it.