Nov 01, 2012 - 9:30 pm
I had an appt with my Hemotologist Onc. today and he gave me two options. I could do watchful waiting or 4 wks of Rituxan once each wk. He said if I wanted to wait to decide until the first of the year that would be fine. My Dr. is very young so I asked him what he would recommend if I was his mother, and he said Rituxan. I really had that on my mind before he gave me his answer. I felt there was no need to wait so everything is set up for me to have my first infusion on Nov. 16th. and for the following 3 fridays.
Before today, although I knew that I had Lymphoma, I had no symptoms so reality didn't really set in. However today as I was talking with my Dr. and then scheduling my treatments, reality finally hit. Yes I am a scared of treatment, but I think most of this is because I am going to the unknown to a path never traveled. This could be much worse, and I have made it this far through the hysterectomy for the endometrial cancer so I can do this.
I would appreciate info from anyone who has been treated with Rituxan as far as there experiences or tips on how to handle this.