Oct 31, 2012 - 1:20 am
and have a bronchial infection, on antibiotics, cough syrup with codine, and steroids. DR. doesn't know if I just picked up a bug or if immune system is not tolerating the chemo. Thought Pneumonia at first but chest x-ray showed not.
Big question is do I stay on chemo? My onco ordered x-ray yesterday, his office called this morning at 8a to see another onco to examine me. I liked him a lot and now know who to go to if mine is off or not available.
He said either I picked something up or my immune system can't handle the Herceptin, Afinitor, and Exemestane. The way to find out is when I finish these meds, if I pick up another infection within a certain time, then we know my body can't handle it. Truthfully, I was thinking the same thing as were my boys and a couple of my sisters. But am hoping this is not the case.
Unless my onco decides to stop it on Thursday, I will continue chemo for 6 weeks and see what happens. Now I am second guessing my decision to do this chemo and getting my hopes up when I was finally accepting where I was on this journey!
This journey does not get easier, so I keep praying that I am making the best decisions for me.