Yesterday the ENT did a biopsy on my 3 and a half week old lime-size tumor that is just under my jawline. The liquid was clear and bloody and the bad news arrives Tuesday. I already know... and I am a very healthy and optimistic person. Because I am 45 years old, a single mom of 3 with a mortgage and pets and the whole nine yards, can anyone tell me how to move fast on this monster and get the upperhand, if possible. The ENT said I will have to get a CAT scan and surgery and stopped right there. I wonder if I should call them Monday and say, "hey lets move on the CAT scan..schedule me one, please".
I truly believe he didn't discuss the surgery (only that I would have surgery) because it will be a different doc (like an Oncologist) that will be referred with Tuesday's bomb drop of the biopsy result.
I feel it growing under my chin now and up my jaw and it is very noticeable to everyone. It was not painful much until today and talking or chewing is beginning to hurt a lot.
I also wonder how long I can keep this from my kids (7, 14, and 16 years old).
There will be no family help. I hope someone can tell me I can wing this alone and still feed my kids and meet the school bus twice a day and drive.
Please don't suggest I wait for the test results. I already know the answer.
Also I might add...for the past 3 weeks I have gotten severe dizzy spells that stop me and my hands frequently go numb. This might not be related but it is also new like the tumor.