My name is Mark Andrews. I wanted to offer any help or info to anyone who needs it. Here is a bref account of what I've gone through-
* Diagnosed in Nov 2007 with Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Carcinoma stage IV (liver).
* Well differentiated cancer cells
* Feb 2008 had tail of pancreas and spleen removed. Had enlarged spleen due to tumor.
* Still had "innumerable" tumors in the liver.
* Got on Liver Transplant list at UCLA.
* Received sandostatin injections and Nexavar as treatment.
* In 2011 the Nexavar started to wane on its effectiveness. Tumors began to grow.
* Received Chemo Embolization to keep tumors at bay while waiting for transplant.
* Received transplant on October 19, 2011.
* CT scans show clear so far.
* Still have a slightly elivated Chromagranin A tumor marker level. About 55 now. But I feel awesome!!
If anyone with this disease would like to talk to me, please email me @ email@example.com