Jul 23, 2012 - 12:33 pm
I had a Radical of my right kidney this past Tuesday.
Preliminary pathology, from what I was told by the dr, is a non-aggressive type. Not sure how long it takes to receive the final.
1. What should I do, questions to ask, about the pathology?
2. Is a 2nd opinion an option?
3. What is the standard for storing my kidney, where does it go?
4. Are pictures of the kidney ( post extraction ) standard? Am I allowed copies of these?
5. How common/ uncommon is radiation, or other to treat the 'surrounding' areas that may have 'seeding' or spreading into fat areas or other?
Thanks in advance.