Jun 29, 2012 - 9:40 pm
Just got off the phone a bit ago with the NP I saw two weeks ago for my 6-month checkup. She's the one who ordered the pet scan and for whatever reason did not phone me. I have already posted all this. She asked if I received my onc's email and I asked rather coldly, which one? She said she had forwarded the results and the doctor emailed me. I said yes I waited for a week and then emailed the doctor who in turn emailed me the results. It seemed to go over her head that I was a little miffed. Oh well.
She said they are giving me an option to try Tamoxifen or the chemo I took prior to debulking surgery. I asked how I could make a decision like that and she said the doctor wants me to think it over and I can discuss it with her in person if I like.
She reitereated that the surgeon does not want to do surgery and I asked is that because he does not feel it is necessary or? She said yes the tumor is so small compared to what I had initially. My CA 125 was over 9700 before initial surgery and now is 46. She said the surgeon is recommending Tamoxifen and I told her I would be very comfortable following his recommendation. I have a lot of faith in him.
So I will get an appointment for some time the week of July 16th since my onc is on vacation. I asked if she had any idea when treatment would begin and she said if I opt for the pill I could start that day and if I opt for chemo I could also start that week.
I feel very relieved as does my family; I just hope it is warranted.
Thank you all again for your continued support. Without all of you this journey would be intolerable.