Hi everyone, let me start with saying I think I have anal cancer, and I'm scheduled to see a GI specialist tomorrow afternoon. I just wanted to post my doubts and questions because I am so nervous... to see what you guys might think. I am 29 years old and have a two year old so I am terrified.
- About a year ago, after antibiotics for a UTI, by bowel habits kind of changed. I went from passing stools once every three days to everyday... and passing large stools. I thought going from constipated from regular was not a bad thing so I didn't give it much thought.
- Somewhere in February I was urinating and passed gas (no stool) at the end, and a white mucus came out of my anus. This mucus has a red string of blood in it. I didn't give it much though until the same thing happened again in March. 1 Mucus with 1 string of blood, kind of like a line drawn with a pencil in between the mucus.
- Somewhere in February: itchiness in the annus.... a lot! Didn't think any of it...... March: Now I kind of like feel some pressure, not pain in the anus consistently. Itching & pressure went on for a week went away for about two weeks and now came back.
- Twice after passing a large stool I had a speck, and I mean a speck of blood in my toilet paper.
- Other than that I have inspected my stool for blood or mucus everytime for a week and no blood is visible.
- I have inspected for hemorroids but I don't see any.
- I have a little of lower back pain, like in my tailbone.
- My outside anal area feels wet, not like it would souk my panties or even have a wet spot on it but it feels wet.
Other: No multiple partners, actually my only partner has been my husband and we don't have anal sex. Normal Pap smear last month>
Thank you so much for your valuable information.... I am beyond terrified as I am pretty sure it is anal cancer.... and would like some ideas as to what to expect tomorrow, I am going alone to the appointment.....