Apr 07, 2012 - 1:40 am
After RP in 2003 (Gleason 3+4) PSA was zero for about 3 years. Then started rising. At 0.15 had RT of prostate bed. Treatment had absolutely no affect on PSA rise. Today reading is 0.5, rising at a rate of about 5% per month. Oncologist says HT is now needed, but suggests delaying until PSA gets higher - to around 5.0. I'm unsure as what course to take. Should I undertake HT immediately or wait, thus trading risk of metastazing in favor of delaying HT and its side effects?