CSN Login
Members Online: 8

New member with a question!

Posts: 1
Joined: Mar 2012

Hello. It's going on two years since it was discovered that my husband has a brain tumor and seizure disorder, due to the tumor. He is on SSDI and I work, but am very stressed because I don't think he should be home alone with his condition. Does anyone know what a spouse can do? Someone from work mentioned a spouse can collect SSI in this situation, but I went to the SSI website and didn't see anything except for spousal support for widows/widowers. Or should I call my insurance? I would appreciate any feedback or information as I am sure there are a lot of people in this situation. Thank you and will read up on some of the posts.


BenLenBo's picture
Posts: 145
Joined: Feb 2012

You should beable to contact your local social services, ask about obtaining
a Home Health Aide or list of volunteers to stay with your husband. There are
Adult Day Care Centers- I would check to see if you have one in your area. Also,
these should be offered free of charge being your husband is on disability. Good
luck, hopefully everything will work out and ease your burden.

Subscribe with RSS
About Cancer Society

The content on this site is for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Do not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. Use of this online service is subject to the disclaimer and the terms and conditions.

Copyright 2000-2015 © Cancer Survivors Network