Nov 09, 2011 - 11:58 pm
Here is my story. My mother was taking care of her mother at my home for over 4 years. My grandmother was on hospice and bed ridden for the past 5 months. She was 94 and would have been 95 Nov 12th. Well my mother started for fall ill and I had to put granny in a nursing home on Oct 31st, so I could get my mother to the doctor asap. Well I amitted my mother to the hospital on Oct 31st and granny pasted on Nov 3rd. Granny was having no part of the nursing home she just decided to go home to be with grandpa. My mother still doesn't know that her mother has passed away.
My mother was in renal failure and I had her in emergency on Oct 31th. Her creatintine levels were a 7 when they started dialysis. Then with further test doctors found a tumor the size of a football in her stomach around the aeorta. They first put a splint in her utertha to try and get the kidneys to function better. The doctor said I had to agree to a biopsy for the mass in the stomach. Well I did agree and the result came back today as large B-cell Lyphoma. My mother is currently on a ventilator because she still has not woken up from the biopsy 4 days ago. Her uric acid level is a 12.3 and creatintie level is at 4.57 with daily dialysis. I will be speaking with the cancer doctor on 11/10. The mass in the stomach is 19cm by 14cm. I do believe the doctor is thinking the toxins are not going down in my mother body because of the lymphoma. They do want to start chemo immediately. I am just wondering if the state that my mother is in is to dangers for chemo or if the mass may start to shrink and this may help with the fluid flow in her body. My mother is 68 and will be 69 on Nov 15th. She does have to receive meds to stabilize her blood pressure at this time. She is moving her hands a little and feet. The doctor are going to do a spinal tap to check for fluid on the brain because she is not waking up. Of course I feel dispair but I have to hold on the hope that God is intervening in someway. My mother didn't have a living will because she did tell me I had to always be willing to give her a chance to fight back even if it ment to be on a ventilator. She had a good friend that was on a vent for 3 mths and came off and lived 5 more years before death. I have to do her will of course. My question is has anyone been in a similiar situation and if so what was your outcome and things to watch out for with her health or questions once I agree to the chemo? Any advice would be appreciated. I will need to make a big decision tommorrow. Thank you- Tracey