CSN Login
Members Online: 9

brain scan

kelli1843's picture
kelli1843
Posts: 72
Joined: Jan 2010

Well, was taken to ER twice in last 2 weeks for shortness of breath, dizziness. Found to have pneumonia, plus magnesium and potassium were real low. Had heart palpatations. So, admitted me for 3 diff antibiotics and mag and potassium, and heart monitor for 3 days. Did cat scan, 2 chest x-rays and brain scan.

Discharged yesterday and told today that the lung mass has progressed since I started the new Topo chemo in August. Brain scan shows 6 mets in brain. There were zero in July scan.

Onco office gave me options today: stop the chemo, start with hospice...outlook of 1 month.

2nd op: Start new brain radition next week, have fluid around heart needled out, do 10 rad sessions and do short chemo after that. outlook of 3-6 months.

I have to let doc know by tomorrow morning. She gave me pill for anti-brain swelling and called a script in for me, as I showed signs of dizziness. She also made me leave my car and taxi home.

I have to tell my boyfriend when he gets home (we live together for last 7 years). I have to tell my older sister and 2 nieces who live out of state.

I've been thru soooooo much since diagnosed in dec 2009. At this point now, I think I will forgo the treatments and make myself realize that the 1 month expectancy is real.

Radioactive34's picture
Radioactive34
Posts: 387
Joined: May 2011

Hugs, and when you tell your family I will be with you in spirit. I, usually on the ovarian board, but I check other boards every so often.

Please remember the month is the aproximate..you have your own time line. Hugssss

catcon49's picture
catcon49
Posts: 388
Joined: Aug 2008

It's your decision to make. I for one would fight till the end, but that is just me. I would be hoping for a miracle or some other med that would help. I admire that you can make such a decision. Good luck and I will remember you in my prayers

Glenna M's picture
Glenna M
Posts: 1580
Joined: May 2009

You are an amazingly strong woman to have been able to make that decision. I know, personally, that I would be taking the treatment and praying for more time. But that's just me, I'm not ready to give up yet.

My best to you, your family and your boyfriend. Please know that you will all be in my prayers.

Stay strong,
Glenna

kelli1843's picture
kelli1843
Posts: 72
Joined: Jan 2010

For some reason, she wants to remove the fluid around heart. The thought of a needle or tubing being stuck into me, scares me the most. I had to have 2 lung biopsies done originally that I freaked out so bad, they had to stop the first one and do a different type later.

If it wasn't for that, I'd go ahead and do the second option of brain rad and different chemo.

trspaw's picture
trspaw
Posts: 73
Joined: Jun 2011

Praying for peace and courage for you, none of us realize how difficult the decisions become until we are forced to make them.

Teresa

Subscribe with RSS
About Cancer Society

The content on this site is for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Do not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. Use of this online service is subject to the disclaimer and the terms and conditions.

Copyright 2000-2014 © Cancer Survivors Network