Aug 29, 2011 - 11:22 pm
I had a RP in 2001 and was essentially PSA zero for nine years. Last October my annual physical showed a PSA of .52. Retests confirmed. Urologist detected a mass in my prostate bed. Biopsy confirmed cancerous. Had IMRT radiation treatment ending in April. Waited 3 months for cells to finish dying then took PSA in mid-July. PSA came back at 1.72. (shucks and other comments) Retested in mid-August. My PSA was then 2.52. (more deleted comments) I just finished getting a CAT scan and bone scan. They were essentially negative showing no 'hot spots' in bones or major organs. My oncologist suggests waiting until my PSA reaches 10 and then proceeding with Hormone Therapy. (he didn't specify exact type) So the question I have for the forum is 'Should I wait before beginning HT?' I plan on getting a second opinion but would value comments from the forum.