Jul 01, 2011 - 10:29 am
I seen my Oncologist yesterday after completing 6 weeks of chemo carbo/taxol once a week and 35 radiation treatments. I had no side effects at all from either treatment. My Oncologist wants me to take two more chemo treatments. One next week then one again in three weeks then do a Pet scan. I don't understand why he wants to wait to do a Pet scan but I think it has something to do with the radiation treatments. He feels the chemo is working but is not sure how well it has worked and will change the combo after the Pet scan if it has not worked that well.
Has anyone else waited this long for a pet scan? does this course of treatment sound right. I do trust my Oncologist but am wondering if this sounds normal.