Mar 28, 2011 - 11:39 am
I hope that some of you will be interested in sharing exactly how you follow an anti-cancer diet. For example, my breakfast often consists of a slice of spelt bread topped with warm olive oil, pepper, turmeric, and cuber slices. My other main meals include recipes such as the following one for vegetable soup:
1. Saute two medium-sized onions in olive oil until they are translucent.
2. Cube yams, carrots, and turnips and add them to the onions. Cover with enough water to cook them.
3. When all of the root vegetables are cooked, puree a few cups of them and add back into the soup.
4. Add either freshly cooked or canned lima or navy beans and a can or two (depending on how much soup you're making) of organic tomatoes (Muir fire-roasted are great).
5. Chop a bunch of kale into thin strips and add to the soup. Cook until kale is wilted.
6. Season with pepper, turmeric, salt to taste (watch out for the salt; I use Mrs. Dash or salt-free hot sauce) and any fresh herbs you like.
I make enough to freeze and have this for lunch with a big green salad.
I'd be very interested to hear what others are eating.