Jan 04, 2011 - 8:59 am
I know many of you have been where I am today. Mike lost a lot of weight last week with the diaphragm spasms/hiccups and extreme nausea he was having. My two brothers and I finally talked him into going to see his Oncologist yesterday afternoon (he wanted to wait until today since he was supposed to start round 3 of the new chemo). The Dr. wasn't in but the nurse practitioner saw him. She got him on IV fluids right away and anti-nausea meds intervenously. She set up an emergency CAT Scan and endoscopy for him today; she thinks the tumor has spread/chemo has not been effective (even though it showed it would be in the targeted molecular therapy). She will talk to his Oncologist this morning to review what has happened and what she has scheduled.