Dec 14, 2010 - 11:49 pm
I met with my ENT/Surgeon today to discuss my 3 month PET-CT Scan and he is concerned with the SUV level on the scan which was 2.7 (the higher the number the more likely that the area of activity is cancer). Anyone out there understand the SUV?
I have three options at this point:
2. Neck dissection (the only way to know for sure).
3. Do a needle biopsy now and if malignant do neck dissection right away. If benign, wait 3 months to repeat PET-CT Scan. Of course, benign could mean that no cancer was present in that particular spot and it was missed.
WOW! How does one decide? What can you tell me about the neck dissection. It sounded so scary (he said 4 days in the hospital and permanent numbness). Any input would be so appreciated. Pretty confused and scared here. Thanks.