Lychee is another very tasty fruit that can be added to our anti-cancer diet.
Here it is what info I've found:
• According to a Chinese book, the nature of the flesh of the lychee is warm and it can help improve the blood.
• The Chinese believe that lychee has the ability to relieve pain and shrink swollen glands.
• Studies done conclude that the lychee fruit prevents the growth of cancer cells. The flavonoids found in lychee fruit pulp were found to inhibit the proliferation of cancer cells and appeared to be especially effective against human breast cancer. The flavones quercitin and kaempferol identified in the French study were cited in an earlier study as a powerful force in reducing the proliferation of cancer cells. In a study in United States Department of Agriculture / National Cancer Institute Cancer Chemotherapy Screening Program, Lychee roots have shown some anti-cancer properties in experimental animals.
• Lychee is a rich source of vitamin C, a vitamin that the body does not produce naturally. Eating lychee can benefit those suffering from colds, fever and sore throats.
• Lychee helps the body to digest food properly for the best nutrition and an added boost of health."