Mar 16, 2010 - 10:21 pm
Anybody seen my butt tumor? None of the doctors can find it!! And believe me - they've tried.
We had a great visit with the surgeon this afternoon. Here's what we know:
The plan: Next Wednesday the surgeon wants to scope my peritoneal lining,colon, and liver. There's a chance that he will find more cancer than what showed up on the scans, but if he does, there is a very good chance that it will not be hard to deal with.
I am scheduled to have liver surgery on April 14th. Basically he will remove the left lobe and scoop out the met on the right lobe. Perhaps the scope next Wednesday will change this, but I would imagine that Dr. Shen would not have put me on his schedule unless he was fairly sure that the surgery would happen. I think at this point, he's looking to avoid surprises when he opens me up. I like that. He may resect the primary tumor location at this time, or he may postpone that piece. I thought I would have the debulking surgery and HIPEC, but there may not be anything to debulk. I'll find out on Wednesday.
Dr. Shen said that there is an 80% chance of recurrence. I say there is a 20% chance of success. That's 20% more than I thought I had when I started.
I hope everyone is doing well. Stay strong. Be happy.
Peace - Roger