Feb 19, 2010 - 4:55 pm
My husband was having lots of pain Tuesday and was becoming jaundice, he was scheduled for chemo but wasn't able to after his blood work came back. He had elevated levels of bilirubin and many other things. He had a CT scan to confirm a bile duct blockage and ended up having surgery yesturday to insert a stent to drain the bile. He's doing better today, his levels are gradually decreasing and his pain is decreasing. He was asked if he wants to continue treatment and said yes. I'm so glad he wants to keep fighting, I thank God he has fight still in him. His last 5 rounds of 5-FU and Irinotecan didn't seem to do anything so I hope the doctor has a plan. Our dr did drop the ball on us when it came to giving him Herceptin, turns out he could have been given it 2 1/2 months ago. I kept asking every two weeks and his dr kept telling me we have to go through insurance then manufacturer, so I assumed it was a process we were waiting to get through. Turns out nothing was done and it was just a matter of finding the program and filling out the paperwork for one of the nurses. He could have started it anytime. Sorry I'm venting, just really upset I didn't do more and just assumed the doctors were doing there jobs. Not a great way to learn this lesson.