I lost my husband 6 weeks ago and I know they say that shock is an udnerstandable initial reaction but I am not in shock...just numb. I have not made any conscious effort to block things out but it sort of feels like I have stopped feeling. Last year was a massive year and the last 4 weeks of his life were very intense but surely six weeks is long enough for the shock if any to wear off. His sisters tell me that they cry everyday. I may tear up but the tears dont come (I cried at his funeral but not since). I am conscious of the need to have my daughters (aged 9 and 3) see me grieve and see that its ok to grieve but my body just won't. Did anyone else find themselves feeling numb the first few months after?