Nov 02, 2009 - 10:05 am
Hello, just looking for some feed back. I am 45yrs old, Married, Father of 5, Drive a Gasoline tanker truck for a living. Oct. 7th, 09 went to my Doctor for a hard right testical. He sent me down to our Hospital for an ultrasound. Scheduled a appt. for Urologist on 8th. Ultrasound tech showed me that it was over 90% covered. Urologist confirmed and scheduled a Orchiectomy for Oct 14,(had to wait 7 days because I was on an Asprin reg. for my High Blood Pressure)
I am at Stage IIb spread to Renal Lymphnodes cluster of 4 under 5mm
Bioposy came back with Mixed Germ cell tumor (4 types) 50% Embryonal Carcinoma, 30% Seminoma, 15% Yolk Sac Tumor, 5% Mature Teratoma. Very rare to have 4 different types Onocologist tells us.
Onocolgist (going to same treatment option web site i went to) shows RPLND 1st with Chemo as needed.
She would like to do Chemo 1st in the hopes that the 5% Mature Teratoma is not in my nodes.
Just wondering if someone could give me some other advice. I have been to allot of web sites and feel comfortable with either treatment option. Just been a hecktic last 3 weeks.
***Update Last of test confirmed no other spreading of cancer start Chemo 11/16/09 with Etoposide,Bleomycin and Cisplatin.