** UPDATE-DECEMBER 4 2009**
The final DX- Hurthle Cells Adenoma- all seven lymph nodes and whole thyroid were removed and showed not cancerous. The sonogram originally showed 2 CM mass on right thyroid but after surgery it showed 3 CM. I am now on 137 mg Lev and vitamin D 50,000. Vitamin D works great for me and there are no way I can live without them. As it wears off, I'd get beyond hypo. I need to increase the dosage of Lev since I'd get hypo/hyper up and down like crazy. Also, I've gained a few pounds. My emotional and mental states are great- no mood swings or anything. Thanks so much for your supports and advices everyone during the last few months.
Ok, I had peddled all over this thyroid forum and found none that is very close to my situation. If you don't feel like going to my "About Me" page, that's okay. I'll make it brief as possible here.
*2 cm mass on right thyroid
*biopsy came up with "possible", "or", "could", "might" with all the names of cancer cells. Endo specialist said that the second reading will come up the same. So is it true that the biopsy isn't always accurated? My physican wrote that down on the biopsy appointment slip. Also Endo said that I have 20% chance of having cancer and if it's cancer, it's 80% papillary cancer. He also felt my other thyroid feeling "not normal".
*planned to have surgery from the prominent ENT (Ear Nose Throat)surgeon at Johns Hopkins (at least three hours from here) on Oct 17th but the stand-by surgery got snatched up by someone else. She offered to have surgery on me on Christmas Eve and of course I declined. Dr assured my husband that there is no rush to have surgery. Is that bad or good??? So I'll have surgery for a total thyroidectomy (my choice to get over with it) in early January.
Your input would be greatly appreciated and I do HOPE that all of you are doing okay so far!