Aug 04, 2009 - 4:39 pm
My father was diagnosed with EC in May and has already received 2 rounds of chemo and 6 weeks of radiation. Now, he has to decide whether to have surgery or go for more rounds of chemo and one more round of radiation (and if so, lose the opportunity for surgery altogether).
You can imagine this is a very, very difficult decision, and I don't know what to tell him.
He is quite reluctant to have the surgery feeling it will hinder the quality of his life.
I would love for him to speak to a real person who has been through the surgery, maybe someone about his age (late 60s) and tell him what it was like and how it has been recovering.
If there is someone willing to talk to him- that would be a load off our minds.
Also, if you want to share your experience in choosing between these options- and what made you decide to do one over the other, that would be great too, and I will certainly share your answers with him.