Please I need your feedback.
I was diagnosed Feb 15th with Squamous Cell Carcinoma stage 2b of the Nasopharynx (see message of April 9). Tumour less than 1 cm with one right side lymph node involved (removed). I finished radio (33 treatments) with Cisplatin in May 2007 and Cisplatin+5FU in August 2007.
Here is what happened after:
- Late Nov. 2007 I find a somewhat swollen supraclavicular node on the right side.
I immediately go to the doctor. The oncologist tells me that 99% of chances that it is benign because it is not as big and not as stable as the first one. I could either wait and see if it went away or do a biopsy. The ENT tells me the exact same story.
- Mid Dec. I do a scheduled MRI. The nurse on sight tells me that there was a doctor there who looked at the results and I was clean. Merry Christmas!
- Dec. 20 I go and get the biopsy done on the node and the ENT tells me that the MRI report is negative however will enquire to see if any abnormal activity near the node.
- Jan. 10 2008. The node is positive for Squamous Cell.
- Knowing that the node was positive, closer attention was given to the MRI. Doctor detected a 1cm cyst near the vocal cords. Dr tells me that these cysts are usually benign. Original site of cancer (nasopharyx) is clear.
Doctors insist that I have become their priority. They want to find out what is going on in order to proceed with the treatment. Next week I am scheduled for PET and CT scans of everything. They will also so do a biopsy on the vocal cords cyst and on the original site.
- Has anyone have this happen to them?
- Should I seek a second opinion? Second opinions take time and I know these doctors are moving fast.
- Do you know of any doctors that are well known in this field?
- Do you know of any other treatments for this type of condition?
Any information will be appreciated.
Thank you all,