Aug 08, 2007 - 6:55 pm
I just returned from seeing my onc. My chemo was once again delayed -- this time for wbc. Last week it was platelets which have really gone up. I am back on nupegean (not sure how to spell it) shots again and will continue on the carbo topo regiment for another cycle or maybe two cycles depending on how my counts stay up. Then I will do another CT scan and then another pet scan to see if the spot on my liver and a slightly enlarged lymph node are really cancer. Then we will discuss whether I will go on the new study or wait for the stage III part of the study which should be starting before too long. The onc is also still talking about putting me off chemo awhile my bone marrow recuperates. It is hard not ever knowing what will happen next -- in fact it is done right frustrating.
Some asked about being able to go on more than one study. This is the second study I have been on and my second go around with chemo. I am at a research institute and many patients here go on multiple studies rather than traditional treatments. I prefer to be on a study as I feel you are monitored more carefully.