(1) 6am, in pre-op room preparing for surgery.
(2) 7am, wheeled into the operating room and recieved first dose of anaesthesia
(3) surgery began at 7:30am and was completed at 11:10am
(4) after recovery was carried to room at 1:30pm
(5) abdominal pain controlled with medication
(6) I wasn't allowed to get out of bed wednesday evening....not sure why
(7) Thursday after breakfast, liquid diet, I was helped from the bed and walked the corridor several times
(8) The most pain experienced was at the incision site when I'd get in or out of bed
(9) I was shocked to discover the amount of swelling and bruising that had occurred
(10) The doctor said he believed the cancer was contained within the glandular capsule and both nerves were spared.
(11) Released from hospital Friday at 11 am.
Thanks again for the pre-op support. It made a most difficult event more tolerable.