Oct 29, 2005 - 9:51 pm
As you may have guessed by the recent posts -my husband has to make a decision by Monday- we live in Canada and at present avastin ,while approved, is not widely available so his 2 options are
Quality of life comes into play here since he of course would prefer to only be tied to chemo every 3 weeks (with no continuous pump) rather than every 2 weeks with a pump...but if he does not put in the port o cath Monday then he can't do the clinical trial...and what if avastin gets held up at the border for months
I wish someone would take us by the hand and help to make the right decision...
He is very reluctant about the port o cath...what does it look like once implanted?