Jan 30, 2005 - 11:07 pm
My name is Danny and I'm a testicular cancer survivior (5 years and counting). I'm hoping to get some help for my mother in law. She was diagnosed with colon cancer about a year ago, underwent surgery followed up with chemo (not sure which drug). She then went four months without proper follow up (her new oncologist seems to think she slipped through the cracks somehow) and the cancer came back in Nov 04. It had spread to her lymph nodes and liver and she had two nodes removed. Last week she had bad intestinal pains. She underwent more surgery, removing part of her intestines, and they removed 90% of the tumor. The other 10% was too dangerous to remove as it is now attached to her heart. To make things worse, she has a blood clot in her heart which almost killed her last week. She's now on blood thinners to hopefully disspiate the clot, and she can then start a new round of chemo. After reading about it, my wife and I have encouraged her to start mental imaging therapy. It's basically a way of thinking the tumor away. Sounds hard to believe but we don't know of many other options. Has anyone beaten the odds at such an advanced and complicated stage. I'd love to hear any encouraging stories to pass along. Thank you.