Jul 29, 2004 - 2:04 pm
Thanks to everyone who replied to my prior post and gave me pep talks!
I saw my oncologist yesterday. He ordered a pet scan for next week and said that chemo will depend on what the scan shows. If the scan comes back clear, I will go back on xeloda, a higher dosage than before, for 6 months, 2 weeks on followed by 1 week off. If something shows up on the scan then there will be additional medication, though he didn't say what.
Since the surgeon felt that he removed all the cancer and the lymph nodes were cancer free, hopefully nothing will show up on the scan. I'm back to playing the waiting game again which I think is one of the hardest things about having cancer, though I do feel better about going back on chemo than I did a few days ago.
Take care and have a great day!